The Jesusita and Santos Courage & Fortitude Scholarships
Ten leadership scholarships, totaling $1,000 each, will be awarded at this year’s Hispanic-Latino Summit on October 12, 2021, in Columbus, Nebraska. High School Seniors or Juniors that will be graduating in May 2022 and meet the eligibility criteria may apply. The scholarships will be applicable for tuition, fees, or books at an accredited community college, college or university.
The selection committee will review applications and select the recipients. Scholarship awardees will be announced at the Hispanic-Latino Summit. The awardee must be in attendance to receive the scholarship.
Upon high school graduation, scholarship recipients are required to provide proof of enrollment from the accredited community college, college or university of the student’s choice in order to receive the scholarship funds. This scholarship must be used within two years of high school graduation.
Applications must be received by Thursday, September 24, 2021.
- Nebraska resident
- High school senior, or junior graduating in May of 2022
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade scale, or 3.5 or higher on a 5.0 grade scale
- Referred by a Migrant Education Program staff member, Nebraska school counselor, teacher or principal
- Attend the 2021 Hispanic-Latino Summit (in person or virtually)
What to Submit:
- Scholarship Application
- Essay Responses
- Statement of Purpose
- Leadership Experience
- Letter of recommendation from a school counselor, teacher or principal
The scholarship application is now closed.
If you have not received an email confirmation by October 1, 2021, indicating your application was received, please contact Benjamin Zink at email@example.com or (402) 416-9876 .