The selection committee will review applications and select the recipients. Scholarship awardees will be announced at the Hispanic/Latino Summit, which will be at the Ramada Columbus Hotel – River’s Edge Conference Center – 265 33rd Avenue, Columbus, NE 68601 on Monday, Oct. 21, 2019. The awardee must be in attendance to receive the scholarship.
Upon high school graduation, scholarship recipients are required to provide proof of enrollment from the accredited community college, college or university of the student’s choice in order to receive the scholarship funds. This scholarship must be used within two years of high school graduation.
Applications must be received by Wednesday, Oct. 2, 2019.
- Nebraska resident
- High school senior, or junior graduating in May of 2020
- GPA of 3.0 or higher on a 4.0 grade scale, or 3.5 or higher on a 5.0 grade scale
- Referred by a Nebraska school counselor, teacher or principal
- Attend the 2019 Hispanic/Latino Summit
- Gallery of Star representative for your school (Limit 5/school).
What to Submit:
- Scholarship Application
- Essay Responses
- Statement of Purpose
- Leadership Experience
- Letter of recommendation from a school counselor, teacher or principal
- Need to be one of the Gallery of Stars nominees for school (Limit 5/school).
Completed application, essays and letter of recommendation should be scanned and submitted by email to Sherry Landis by Oct. 2, 2019 at firstname.lastname@example.org.
If you have not received an email confirmation by Oct. 4, 2019, indicating your application was received, please contact Sherri immediately at (402) 471-8306.
Contact Beth Wooster at email@example.com or (402) 471-2452 if you have questions.